White and Rose's for Warm Weather
Finally it looks like the warm weather has hit Omaha….yeah! Hot weather brings thoughts of sitting on the deck or patio, sipping a cold refreshing drink while reading or chatting with friends and family. Hence, this is the time of year that many of us start to transition from those heavier red wines to whites and Rose’s. Although there are many different types of warm weather wine varietals, many wine drinkers tend to gravitate towards the most popular wine types: Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc and Riesling. At Vino Mas we carry a variety of different types of white wines and Rose’s to meet your needs. Below are some alternative wine varietals if you are looking to branch out from the varietals that are listed above:
· Instead of a Chardonnay try a Viognier
· Instead of a Pinto Grigio try a White blend
· Instead of a Sauvignon Blanc try a Vermentino
· Instead of a Riesling try a Gewurztraminer
· Instead of a lighter red wine try a Rosé of some type. Rosé's come in different “weights” from light and acidic to heavier and more full bodied. To be a Rose, the wine has to be made out of red grapes.
These are just a few suggestions to broaden your palate and try a few different types of wine varietals. However, for any type of wine that you choose, whether it be your “go to” type of wine or if you want to branch out and be adventurous and drink something new, Vino Mas has a variety of different types of wine for you to try.
Some of my personal favorites right now in the store are:
· Illahe Vineyards Viognier – this is from Oregon and is delicious $23.25 WC: $20.93
· Murrieta Well Whip White - Amazing white blend that is a people palate pleaser $18.80 WC: $16.92
· Gianni Gagliardo Fallegro Vermentino – Wine Club selection for June 2016 – YUM! $19.95 WC: $17.96
· Francis Tannahill Gewurztraminer – Spicy, dry and fruity all at the same time$19.95 WC: $17.96
· Domaine Gueneau Sancerre Rosé – 100% Pinot Noir, light and refreshing: Summer time in a glass! $25.50WC: $22.95
· Barnard Griffin Rosé – Sangiovese Rose that has the elegance of a white but the Beauty of a red. Heavy enough to put with barbecue. $17.75WC: $15.98