Tailgating and Wine
With college and NFL Football season starting, it’s time to go that extra yard - - and I don’t mean on the field. Get points with friends and family with a touchdown with your weekend football party wine selections.
For an early games, many people may opt for brunch munches, for afternoon and night games you may go the full tailgating fare route with grilled dishes. Below are some suggestions to go along with whatever types of foods you decide
- Prosecco/Cava/Sparkling wines - These refreshing bubbles can be drank on its own or mixed with OJ or Grapefruit juice to make a thirst-quenching drink. Sparkling wines pair wonderfully with fried foods and is excellent with any type of chips.
- Pinot Grigio/Gris or Dry Riesling- Usually totally dry with nice acidity. Pinot Grigio and dry Rieslings go well with lighter fare that you find at football parties: Cheese, raw veggies, chips, crackers, dips, etc.
- Rose - There is really nothing to say about Rose, it goes with just about everything! Consider Underwood Rose in a can, perfect for coolers.
- Pinot Noir - Ditto to the above. Pinot Noir is light, easy to drink, fruity and pairs with almost all foods. Try Underwood Pinot Noir in a can, perfect for all tailgating parties!
- Zinfandel or Malbec- If you want a more robust wine that will work with most grilled foods try a Zin or Malbec. These will work with anything with barbecue sauces, hamburgers, brats or steaks and both Zinfandel and Malbec are all around favorites.
Tailgating whether at the stadium or at home has become a staple for many of us. Come out to see us at Vino Mas, we can help you stock up on wines that are perfect for your game day get togethers.