Shredded Chicken Street Tacos paired with Mono Tempranillo
· Approximately 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs , trimmed of excess fat
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 2 cloves of garlic , minced
· 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
· 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
· 1 teaspoon chili powder
· 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
· 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
· 1 teaspoon coarse salt
· Flour or corn street taco-style tortillas
· Chopped onion
· Chopped avocado
· Other toppings as desired
1. In a large bowl combine olive oil with minced garlic, spices, and salt. Add chicken thighs and toss until chicken is evenly coated in spice mixture.
2. To cook on the stovetop: Preheat cast iron or heavy-bottom skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and coat bottom of the pan. Cook chicken 4-5 minutes on each side until well-browned and completely cooked through.
3. To cook on the grill: Preheat grill to medium high heat. Cook chicken 4-5 minutes on each side until well-browned and completely cooked through.
4. Let cooked chicken rest for a few minutes, then shred with two forks or an electric mixer.
5. Serve with warmed tortillas and desired toppings.
6. Store leftover chicken in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Completely Delicious https://www.completelydelicious.com