Roasted Chicken Thighs & Onion and leek
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 1 3/4 pounds), trimmed
- 1½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 1 large Leek cut up
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- ½ cup crème fraîche or sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
Step 1: Preheat oven to 450°F.
Step 2: Brush both sides of chicken with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Toss leek and onion with the remaining olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Arrange the chicken and vegetables in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
Step 3: Roast for 20 minutes. Add onion and leek and continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of a thigh without touching bone registers 165°F, about 10 minutes more.
Step 4: Meanwhile, whisk crème fraîche, mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice and chives in a small bowl. Serve the chicken and vegetables with the sauce.
Paired with Cedar + Salmon Pinot Gris
Adpated from March 2022 Eating Well Magazine