Cheese Burger Sliders with Tamarack Cab Franc
These juicy, cheesy, appetizer-sized burgers would be perfect for your next game day watch party. Whether you are watching your favorite college team or NFL team, they are easy to make, easy to serve and taste great!
- 16 oz. package slider brioche rolls
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil - Divided
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 lb. ground sirloin (90/10)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 12 oz. shredded white sharp cheddar cheese (can use any cheese you like)
- 1/2 c. dill pickle slices
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. everything bagel seasoning
Paired with Tamarack Cellars Cabernet Franc
- Preheat the oven to 375˚. Cut crosswise through all of the rolls at once to divide the top half from the bottom (keeping the sides of the rolls intact). Place the bottom half of the rolls into a 9 X 13 Greased baking pan.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes until just slightly softened. Add the ground sirloin and cook, breaking up into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper, and stir well to combine. Cook until the beef is no longer pink and the liquid from the pan has almost fully evaporated, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard in a small bowl.
- Spread the cut sides of the rolls with the mayonnaise mixture, then sprinkle with half of the cheese in an even layer. Layer the meat mixture over the cheese, then top with the remaining cheese and the pickles. Cover with the top half of the rolls.
- Brush the tops of the rolls all over with olive oil and sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cheese is melty and the tops of the rolls are golden and toasted. Cut and Pull sliders apart and serve warm.
Adapted from The Pioneer Woman website