Sizzling Beef paired with Sister's Run Cabernet
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons dry white or red wine
- 2 large garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- One 2 1/2-pound beef flank steak, cut across the grain into twenty 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Steamed rice, for serving (I served this with Coconut Rice - Recipe is below)
- Step 1: In a large, shallow dish, combine the soy sauce with the sugar, white wine, chopped garlic, toasted sesame oil and crushed red pepper, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add the sliced flank steak and coat thoroughly in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate the steak for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Step 2: If you are makiing the Rice to go with the steak, make this before you start the steak - Recipe is below.
- Step 3: Light a grill or heat a griddle. Working in batches, grill the steak over high heat until the slices are richly browned and medium-rare, about 45 - 60 seconds per side. Transfer the steak to a serving platter and serve with the rice.
5 Minute Coconut Rice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups minute white rice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro OR 2 Teaspoons dried Cilantro
- Salt to taste
Add coconut milk and water to a pot and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the rice. Let it sit for 5 minutes and then stir in the cilantro, minced garlic and salt.
Paired with Sister's Run Cabernet
Adapted from Food & Wine Annual Cookbook 2010