Black Bean, Corn, Butternut Squash Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ cups chopped onion
- 1 ½ cups chopped red bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups (12-ounce) package frozen cubed butternut squash
- 2 cans of Black Beans
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, undrained
- Chopped Cilantro
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 6 lime wedges
- Cubed Avocado with lime juice (if desired)
Heat olive oil in a dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cover and cook 5-7 minutes or until tender. Add chili powder, cumin and red pepper flakes; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add butternut squash and next 6 ingredients (through chiles). Cover and cook on med until Squash is heated through. Turn to low and Simmer until vegetables are tender and chili is thick.
Ladle chili into bowls, Sprinkle with cheese; top with Avocado if using, fresh cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Paired with Bagueri Cabernet
Adapted from Cooking Light Soups and Stews Fall 2021