Balsamic Apricot Pork Chops - Vino Mas
Balsamic Apricot Pork Chops
- 4 Thick Center Cut Pork Chops - OR Bone in Chops
- Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp Butter
- 1/4 cup Chicken stock or broth
- 1/4 cup Apricot Jam - you could also use Peach or Marmalade
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried Thyme
- pinch of red pepper
- Parsley for garnish if desired
Paired with cedar + salmon Pinot Noir
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Season Pork with kosher salt and pepper
- In small sauce pan combine: Chicken stock, jam, vinegar, mustard, garlic, thyme and red pepper and breing to a boil. Simmer over reduced heat until sauce thickens.
- Melt Butter in a cast iron skillet. Add pork and sear until golden brown on both sides. Place into oven to contniue cooking through.
- When Pork is done, remove from over and immediately pour thickened sauce over pork. Let Pork rest for 5 min and serve with parsley garnish if using.