Salmon, Italian Style with Chianti
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups thinly sliced white onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 can diced tomatoes (I used Hunts with basil, garlic and orgeano)
- 1 ½ cups dry red wine (I used the wine club Chianti)
- ⅔ cup sliced Castelvetrano olives
- ¼ cup drained capers
- 1 ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 (6 ounce) fillets sea bass
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Basil
: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until soft. Stir in garlic, and saute about 1 minute. Add tomatoes, wine, olives, capers, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Heat to a simmer.
Place Salmon into sauce. Cover, and gently simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, or
until fish flakes easily with a fork. Transfer fish to a serving plate, and keep warm.
Increase the heat, and add butter to sauce. Simmer until the sauce thickens. Stir in basil. Serve sauce over fish and top with fresh basil if desired.
Paired with Bindi Sergardi Chianti Collo Senesi
Adapted from allrecipes.com