Bruschetta with Black Olive Pesto, Ricotta and Basil
- 1 Baguette or country bread oaf cut into 1/2 to 3/4 inch slices and toasted
- Oil oil for brushing onto bread
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced (about 1 tsp)
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1 small shallot, minced (about 2 tbsp)
- 1½ - 2 tsp juice from 1 lemon
- 1½ cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, finely shredded
Place bread on foil-lined baking sheet. Lightly brush both sides of bread with olive oil, and lightly season with salt and pepper. Broil until deep golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and repeat.
Process garlic, olives, olive oil, shallot, and lemon juice in food processor until uniform paste forms, about 10-15 seconds, scraping bowl with rubber spatula once during processing. Combine ricotta, salt, and pepper to taste in small bowl. Spread Ricotta Mixture evenly onto toasts. Top with Pesto mixture, drizzle with olive oil (optional), sprinkle with basil.
Paired with Dafnios Liatiko
Adapted from The Complete Mediterranean Cookbook