Summer Shrimp Scampi
- Uncooked Jumbo shrimp 1 Pound peeled, deveined, tail left on (16 Whole, Jumbo Size)
- All purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 cup Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon minced Garlic
- Red pepper flakes To Taste
- 1 Cups Dry white wine
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted butter
- Chopped fresh parsley and basil
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Fettuccine pasta
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Boil water for Fettuccine and cook until al dente.
- Toss shrimp with flour, salt, and pepper, then saute 1 minute per side in oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in tomatoes, garlic, and pepper flakes; cook 1-3 minutes, then deglaze with wine.
- Simmer until reduced by half, 3 minutes, then finish with butter, parsley, basil and lemon juice.
- To serve, top Fetuccine with Shrimp Scampi and top with cheese.
This dish can also be served by topping the Shrimp Scampi on toasted Baguettes and served as an appetizer.
Cuisine at Home #69 Summer Scampi “Surf”